I may or may not be classified as a diabetes social media junkie, an oversharer, a freelance writer, speaker, committee member, social networker, an advocate, a diabetes PR service or even a sellout to big pharma!
Regardless, diabetes is my passion and I’d like to consider myself on top of many things that are going on in the diabetes world.
I have been a guest at several industry events as more brands and organisations in the diabetes space realise the value of the consumer voice. Here are just some of the highlights and exciting things that I’ve been lucky enough to cover or be involved with in the diabetes community.
- 2018 Oz Diabetes Social Media Summit
- Australian Launch of the t:slim x2 insulin pump.
- Diabetes Australia ‘People’s Voice’ reporter at the 2018 Australasian Diabetes Congress.
- 2018 National Diabetes Week Campaign, ‘Its About Time.’
- Australian Launch of the YpsoPump insulin pump.
- Diabetes Australia ‘People’s Voice’ reporter at the 2017 ADS-ADEA conference.
- Guest Speaker at the 2017 Roche Educators Day.
- Australian launch of the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System.
- Australian launch of the Cellnovo Mobile Insulin Pump.
- MedAngel Insulin Temperature Sensor.
- MyDario Smartphone Glucose Meter.
I’m also a Freelance Writer over at Diabetes Daily, where I’ve written extensively about type 1, type 2 diabetes and living well. All of my columns can be found here.
Below you’ll find links to some of my other writing on the internet:
- 8 Ways You Can Support a Loved One With Diabetes This Christmas, MyTherapy app, 20 December 2017
- How Peer Support Changes Life With Diabetes, Diabetes Mine, 7 July 2017
- Blogger Insight: FreeStyle Libre, Diabetes Matters, 7 September 2016
- Australians with Type 1 Have an Easier Time with Health Insurance, Insulin Nation, 9 May 2016
- Defining Healthy In My Own Way, Beyond Type 1, 14 January 2016
- Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge With Diabetes, Beyond Type 1, 18 December 2015
- Frank: Diabetes Online, Glucase, 15 September 2015
- My Type 1 Outpatient Support Team, Insulin Nation, 8 September 2015
- Feeling Guilty About My Test Strips, Insulin Nation, 28 July 2015
Are you looking for a professional writer, or a speaker at your next event? Feel free to get in touch with me via my contact page.